Fish and chips,

Thanks for the response. Yes the water does look less covered with weeds this time but still is very murky. I also saw more insects this time. There is signs of water running over the dam, we have had quite a bit of rain lately, but I wouldn't be too worried about it being such a rush of water that it would sweep away any fish, it doen't even wash away any dirt. (See photo dead dead weeds in front of a black backpack.)

Yes, I am sure that the rock was releasing trapped gasses...but if it is methane, is that a bad thing? (sign of too much decomposition?)

FHM...For Him Magizine? Former Head Master? sorry...enough of that...Flat Head Minnows?

No, I am not sure it isn't a giant leech...frankly that was the first thing to come to my mind when I saw it. I shot a quick video of it, and it swims like a snake and reminds me of a miniture fresh water eel that I had in an aquariam as a kid. Same size etc...either way, it is a sign of life!

Why do I want fish in the pond? I guess more than anything because it is pretty lonely up there. The most I have seen is an occasional farmer with some livestock (see photo below) or a hunter, and I have always liked watching fish breaking the surface of the water. Fishing would be nice, but not a main interest. I would really like to see the area healthy if I am going to hang around there, get away from the filth in the city.

Last edited by HarryD; 09/30/13 10:32 AM.