Hello everyone, this is my first post here but I have been reading for some time now.

Last January, I bought a piece of property with about a 1acre pond on it. It had been divided at the time of sale. The property originally had a home on it with a 250ish' well (lots of water there here in East TX) that was being used to supplement water to the pond during the hot TX summers.

Now that well is owned by my neighbor, who has graciously allowed me to run the pump to fill the pond 2 weeks on / 2 weeks off to keep it at a healthy level all summer.

I had an existing 250' well dug on my property from some oil drilling in the early 1990's. We put a 25gpm pump on it last month and now I am wanting to run some water down to my pond (all downhill) so I do not have to bother my neighbor to fill my pond in the future.

My neighbor's well was installed with some type of black poly-flexible piping that they snaked slightly undergound through the woods. What is this stuff, and is it the best option?

I really like the idea of having something flexible, as I can get it down to the pond ASAP and trench it in later. The line would run through the woods the entire way and would never be in a place that would have any contact with anything (besides wildlife)

I really appreciate your tips!