Originally Posted By: Cecil Baird1
Well I timed that right! grin

Nice Scott! If you don't mind me asking what do you have invested in materials?

Investment wise? That's a good question. Since the materials were sourced over a couple year period, and other materials were donated by friends, I'll have to do some figuring.

As for the screws on the bottom of the pipes, they were donated by a neighbor, as were the pipes. I screwed them into the pond bottom with a 24" pipe wrench. Installation was relatively easy, they screwed down probably 36". Three pipes don't have screws on them, and I washed them down. Took a sump pump, connected it to a garden hose, and connected a 4' piece of 3/4" copper pipe to the end of the hose. (If you don't, there's a VERY good possibility of you getting the hose stuck inside the pipe) Then fed the hose/copper tbing combo down into the pipe. The hose washes the sand/gravel from beneath the pipe and it just falls down into the pond bottom. I washed it in for 36" and used a sledge hammer on top for the last 12". If I didn't do that, it would settle further into the pond bottom on it's own over the next week or so and be deeper than I wanted.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).