I have a 13 acre new pond I built here in Central California and stocked a 2 years ago with 10,000 3 - 4" Coppernose bluegill. Then last April we stocked 200 6 - 8" Florida stain bass and this year thirty 1 lb. to 3 lb. adult Florida bass after the spawn from another one of our ponds that is a tad bass heavy. This summer we started seeing a few 4" - 6" bullhead catfish coming to the fish feeders mixed in with the bluegill. I have no idea how many bullhead are in the pond or where they came from (we filled the pond with well water). They can be caught on bait around the fish feeders. Due to the soil composition we have issues with clay turbidity. I do not think nor do I want bullhead catfish adding to this issue.

So question I have is it worth the cost to buy a number of fish traps (the ones I see that on reports are best run $ 130 - $ 150 each) and trap as many out as I possibly can OR not worry about them as the rapidly growing LMB will eventually control the bullhead population and ideally almost eliminate them entirely.

What do you professionals advise on this issue and best prescribed course of action if any?

Thanks,

Dave