Originally Posted By: JKB
Originally Posted By: esshup
I tried, but from those pictures I couldn't see if the lateral line took a big dip or not. Even when I increased the picture size - it didnt' help any.

The last pic is of a parasite infested fish. Could not determine, but guess not that it is VHS related. It is being eaten up by parasites tho. Bottom up!

Not a Creek Chub, or any other. Probably a sub species product that inter mingle in the shiner world.

What? Parasite infested? Huu?

Originally Posted By: Bill Cody
The most recent pictures are not quite good enough to postitively ID the fish. They are a shiner species and do not look like emerald shiner to me. If they were larger individuals it might be easier to tell what they are. Young golden shiner do tend to have a greenish hue to the back area. If you take more photos try putting 2 or 3 in water in a zip loc bag. Sometimes that provides a good picture showing details of the fish. It is possible they are young common shiner.

Good call on the zip lock. I will give that a try. I held these in my hand all the way to the house then took pictures of them. The last picture was a larger one we netted.

See if I can crank up the DPI on the camera.

Cheers Don.

[Linked Image from corvettejunkie.com]
http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4

7/8th of an acre, Perch only pond, Ontario, Canada.