My in-laws built a 1.5 acre 20 foot pond in Southern Ohio this spring and stocked it with approximately 1000 fish (2-4 inch LMB and different kinds of BG). It is fed by storm run-off from the adjacent hills. The pond seems to be doing great, as some of the LMB are as big as 6" and the BG are big and fat (fish are pellet fed twice daily by an automatic feeder and hand fed occasionally). We are already seeing what appears to be 2nd generation fish, as there are some small 2" LMB and smaller BG.

A couple questions:

1. We were looking at potentially adding SMB at some point. Would this be an issue? Would they survive ok with the LMB and BG based on their spawn cycle? Should we add bigger SMB so that they mirror the size of the LMB (and don't get eaten by the bigger LMB)?

2. How often to BG spawn? I thought they only spawned in June. However, there appear to still be several beds with BG still sitting on them. Is it possible they spawn more than once?

3. Has anyone had good experiences with bug zappers/bug stunners? I have seen them online and thought it would be a great idea to help get additional food to the fish. There are tons of bugs around the pond as it is surrounded by woods.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks