i have 2 hose bibs connected to my well. i can hook up a hose and go around the entire pond. i used a 10 gallon to 1/2 gallon of cutrine mixture when i sprayed the first time. it killed most of the algae and i am going to do another shot when the water is a little warmer. the first time i sprayed the pond i only used a half gallon of cutrine. i have a pipe from a well that operates the hose bibs as well as allows me to fill the pond during dry spells which always maintains the pond level. in addition there must be a small leak so i have to turn it on once in awhile since its a relatively new pond.

most of the algae did die off and sink. so far this sprayer was the least dillutive i counld find - 10 gallon of water to 1/2 gallon of cutrine. it has a dial to set set the mixture and this is the highest the setting goes. i am looking for something that sprays a little stronger that i can hook up to the hose.

thanks for the info - i have thought i would try the cutrine route first before the fish. if it does not work i can always use fish next year with the cutrine.

you guys are fantastic in sharing your expierences and i certainly appreciate it.

bob fulton