fulton, i don't think you need to calculate so much. if you see the stuff floating, in your size pond, on the edges, when it starts... get a 2 gallon pump sprayer. put a gallon of cutrine plus, then a gallon of water. then just cover the green stuff until blue! just a light coating. wait 2 days, it will start turning brown. then hit the rest again. i bought one of those 12 gallon sprayers, attached it to my 4 wheeler (or you can put it in a wheelborrow and use a 12 volt battery) and i put 2 gallons of cp, then about 8 gallons of water....this covers quite a bit. the key though is getting it early. now, my calculations aren't precise, but this stuff isn't like a fine chemistry set. just turn the green stuff blue...then it will turn brown, die, and drop. your pond won't blow up, and your fish won't grow 2 heads. have fun with your pond, and put the calculator down..your gonna kill somebody with that thing or your gonna go blind...wait, that was something else parents used to say! ha

new math: how to calculate how big you should build a pond? how much money you got? how much land and water ya got? thats what really matters. actually, what really matters, is...how much money will your wife let you spend??!!!

how big of a dam? just not too small.

how much cutrine plus? turn the green stuff blue

i added grass carp to mine. a bunch, i want the hungry fellers to eat the stuff up. then when they get big, i can bow fish them, and thought i'd invite some PETA folks over for a visit.

good luck