bill you are right - the areator is for decrative use primarily. it has lights on it that light up at night that i can see out my master bedroom and living room. however i heard it was good for fish. the fish so far we do not eat and are not to concerned about that as much as kids can play fish in the pond. the subdivions in houston area wanted over $40,000 extra for a lot on a large pond front lot so i decided i could make my own water front lot cheaper this way.

i hate to hear that i will live with this forever so i will need to come up with a yearly plan to keep this in control. let me see if this is a good plan.

1 floating filamentous algae apply cutine liquid as needed. do it if you see floating algae.

2 use cutrine granules as needed - how often is it needed or how do you know when to apply it?

3 apply aquashade to slow algae growth thruout the year. how often is it needed and how often do you apply?

4 stock tapia once a year in the spring march time frame.

i must say this board is the nicest thing to have come accross for good input and i would like to thank pond boss for providing this forum for us novices to get up to speed on pond maintenance.

you guys are great to take the time out of your day to post these educational posts.

thnk you

bob fulton