Bob,

I question the use of a 2 hp surface aerator for such a small and deep pond if it is not an intensive aquaculture pond. Seems like a waste of electricity and this aerator, although excellent for what it is made for, won't do much for the deeper water. You're probably not utilizing your deeper water for fish in summer and you're probably not destratifying your pond. I would investigate the use of a bottom diffuser. You could get by with a small enough compressor that you are only adding about $3.00 to $5.00 per month in utility bills, and instead of building up anerobic products in your deeper water that will come up during turnover that will fuel your algae, you will be breaking them down.

However, timing is everything and I think the window of opportunity that far south may be closing to start up a bottom diffuser. But if you do go that route you may be able to pulse it. Hopefully some experts on here will chime in including Bill Cody again.

Wow! 2 hp is a lot of juice for such a small pond! Just my two cents.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.