my pond is 3 years old now. just recently getting filamentous algae. it is located near houston, so the water temps get quite high. the pond is 80 in diameter and depth is 8 to 14 foot. i am currently using a 2 horespower kasco areator that pumps more than 800 gallons a minuite. here in south texas they are popular to make (they call them) lakes with these type of water elements.

i do have some hybrid perch fish in the pond that i feed in the summer months. yesterday i treated the pond with cutrine liquid and used a half gallon for theapplication based on the depth calculation.

the amount to use was based on pie X radius squared for surface area which is 5,024 about a 1/9th acre. i estimate the average depth to be 9 feet as i watched the construction process. this is a very deeep pond, therefore the volumn came out to be about 45,000 cubic feet. noticing you had both warm and cold treatment plans mine should be considered warm. i suspect here in south texas the water temp may go to the mid to high 50 degree range in the winter. however, i believe the water in my pond at the greater depths may be a little cooler at that time of year.

in just one day one the algae looks better already. today i have been searcging the web for cutrine granules. a few questions:

1 how do you know when to use the granules
2 how do you apply it
i can reach the pond center with fish food
by throwing it in
3 how do you calculate how much to use
4 how long does an application last
5 is there a better product to use
6 will this come back this year or next year
7 will it stabilize in a few years and not come
back
8 did i leave out any good questions

thank you