Now that I know what it is, I have been looking at various past posts about it. As you said TJ, its kind of an uncertain whether it is good or bad. I am concerned about it, but will keep a watchful eye on it. It may have been there awhile now without causing problems, and possibly I'm just noticing it now because it is floating on the surface. My water is usually dark. It must have uprooted itself due to the high water level that has happened.

Am I happy about my vegetation? Not fully. I have a bluegreen algae that I want gone. Never thought that I would have such a bad case of it. I think I know why I have it, and I think I know of how to help prevent it in the future. I currently do not have aeration/diffusers, but from the start I was planning for it in the future. Problem for me is that the pond is 1500' from the nearest electric, over rough terrain.

Am I happy? Yes. I have a better pond than before. When I first started renovating, I didn't know about PondBoss. I was constantly looking for sources of info. My friends always asked what if "this" or "that" might happen. My response always was "I am not striving for a perfect pond. Flaws are normal". Funny how when I came across this site, there was a book "perfect pond, want one" and I thought, "no". Now don't get me wrong, I am not stirring up trouble. I am just realistic about nature and my own situation. Nothing is perfect forever, and I like interesting, and learning.

My initial stocking was because of things not being perfect. I stocked RBT to counteract an early hatch of GSF. Was the best thing that has happened to me so far. We had a blast with them, and would never have gone that route otherwise. Enjoyed them so much, I want to pursue that more in the future. There were many opinions that I should kill the pond off and start again, but for me it was a priceless experience. Lemonade from lemons? Perhaps... But it has been REALLY GOOD lemonade!!!!!!!

Jim