Our family has a piece of land in Cisco,Tx and over the last few week with the large storm that oddly swept in from the east in the middle of July dumped 10+" as verified by our neighbor. We were very exited to see the tank fill up for the first time since we have had the property over 5+ years. We stocked some LMB March 2012 and earlier this summer we had been catching 2.5+ lbs regularly. At that point we had about 2 surface acres of water. The tank was initially bone dry with small hole in the top of the damn that was what we thought was fixed by a local dozer guy, but were wrong. We have a watershed of what I think is about 100 acres and when we went to see the full tank we saw a 3 ft gouge out of road leading to the dam and an completely blown through dam.

We've had a couple of bids to fix it but the estimates vary from zero loads of dirt needed to over 100 loads of dirt needed with no good way of telling.

We know at one point the original owners flooded the front pastures as irrigation so they had the ability to release water which I know we never inquired about.

After reading this forum it sounds like Mike Otto is a guy we will get in touch with soon or if anyone was near Cisco that is reputable pond builder.

I know this post is rambling but it is hard to talk about it because it is gives me a sickening feeling.

Attached Images
IMG_1299.jpg IMG_1300.jpg