Lets all take a deep breath. This has been a very good exchange of thoughts. Sorry I have not added much as been covered up since I returned from GTG 1.Let me touch on a few points and then we can move on to better fish stuff. I purchased this pump the Eco 7 from Kens Fish last August to test as I had a few inquires as to its effectiveness. I often purchase pumps, diffusers, windmills, cabinets just to test and observe over time. These units are not resold I just have lots of them for testing. I have been looking for an economical linear pump for several years to add to the lineup. I not only sell Vertex products but manufacturer our own ForeverGreen Economy Lines of aeration systems with companies that compete against the Vertex Line such as Gast. There is a spot for both lines even though all of our systems have Vertex airstations. (Im that sold on them) As far as my field test last Saturday I use a dry gauge and a wet gauge to check each other.> added< an ammonia guage that I used is used in the 20% air space in the top of an ammonia vessel, and does not measure liquid pressue, I use these because they are SS and this is one of the things I took out of the NH3 biz after being in it for 25 years they make a great air pressure gauge At 5.1 psi which is the maximum the Eco 7 is suppose to produce a band clamp was not needed. I only wish it would of blown off. When I rebuild compressors I use these gauges in 5 lb increments to see if the cfm is where it is suppose to be. I only test to 35 psi on 35 psi rated models and 10 on 10 psi models so those gauges serve me well. I loaded all of this equipment up 15 minutes before we departed as did not know if I should bring anything or not, One of the common questions I get is what is the difference between a linear, vane and wobl piston so brought all three just incase there was any interest. No agenda set.RC when I sent you a PM about my bench test results last August 2nd 2012 I had mentioned that if was doing what you needed it to do just keep at it since it was working for you but I could not get the results I needed. Since I don't know the cfm available at your depths ( cant get a flow chart and I called two more distributors today to get one) and probably cant get any lifting data from the your diffuser manufacturer I would only be selling equipment if I offered that system. It would be too risky for me to do that. You are getting the results you need but I have to sell results too and could not get myself comfortable with that pump. Another big item that stood out in the owners manual was to keep it under 100F, and keep it out of the sun were two that I thought might limit it. JKB what I would like to do is ship you this unit for any kind of testing you want to do. I would appreciate your feedback. Then lets get it to RC and may come in handy for spare parts or a backup unit. RC my concern is always that a DIY system will come up short for someone that does not realize their demand for DO may be different than yours and that even though 2 ponds are the same size they often require very different systems.Hope this helps and take care !!

Last edited by Ted Lea FOREVERGREEN; 07/23/13 08:16 PM.