Driving home this morning at 1:00 am, I kept going over the events of the previous day, thinking about all that I had heard and seen and wondering how to integrate it into my current situation, all the while mindful of the need to express my gratitude to those whose efforts made such a day possible.

Somewhere on the road, with endless cornstalks on my right and giant wind turbines on my left, I began to think that perhaps it wasn't simply a case of learning something new....sure, I came away with fresh ideas, and plans for future experiments, but I kept coming back to the people themselves, and their willingness to share, to listen, to offer advice and encouragement, and to simply enjoy each other's company. I can truly say that I initially walked under a canopy filled with attendees....but at the end of the day, I left one filled with friends.

I knew some of the folks from previous meetings, but most were simply names on the forum. Getting to meet these people face-to-face was, in a word: Awesome. I would encourage anyone who has the opportunity to attend a regional meeting, or get together, to do so. And I don't say that lightly....if I can do it, and then WANT TO DO IT AGAIN, well, just go if you get the chance.

As is usually the case, there are many people instrumental in making such a day possible...I'll try not to forget anyone, but I probably will, so please accept my apologies if I do.

First off, the host... Scott did an amazing job. I don't think he sat still for longer than 5 minutes the entire day. Putting this thing together was quite the undertaking, and he handled it brilliantly. Nice job.

The speakers: They all were exceptional, and like Cecil stated I saw the lightbulbs begin to glow over some of the non PB members, and at least one current PB member...future projects, remember? How all of you can speak off the cuff with such ease, all while answering questions AND maintaining a light atmosphere is amazing to me. I don't think I could ever do that, and make it look as easy as all of you do. Thanks for making me feel at home.

Sean..( Outdoorlivin247 )....dude, the shirts were awesome! And your mastery of open fire cooking is second to none.....Also, after most of the folks had left, a few remaining individuals decided to fish Scott's pond. I somehow managed to tie into a (2-lbish?) LMB, which was not tagged, so according to Scott's rules needed to be culled. I was lamenting the need to toss it into the woods, when Sean simply decided to fillet it right there....no problem. Gotta' love that.

Ted and Terri Lea...So much fun to be around, astoundingly knowledgeable, and ready to do whatever is necessary to make the thing work. I enjoyed meeting both of you.

Brian ( highflyer)....This guy must go non-stop. Also ready to pitch in and do whatever needs to get done, sharp as a tack, and extremely creative. It was a pleasure.

Bill Cody....I think I could listen to Bill all day, even though my brain couldn't possibly take it all in. His passion for what he does is quite evident, and when combined with his knowledge on the subject matter at hand...well, you get the idea. Thanks again for the advice Bill.

Sue Cruz... I wish I knew just a fraction of what she does about aeration....maybe then I wouldn't worry so much about my fish during this crazy Indiana weather. Then again, I probably still would. Nice meeting you Sue.

Cecil... I've wanted to meet Cecil for some time now. We share a couple of different forums occasionally, and I'm always impressed with his depth of knowledge. And his taxidermy skills are second to none, as evidenced by a nice smallie on display...I enjoyed his presentation immensely.

David (peepaw)...Another creative thinker. Excellent example of what can happen when you have an idea, and are willing to experiment, tweak, and create something amazing. Well done.

Bob Lusk... Here's another I could just sit and listen too all day...It wouldn't even matter what the subject matter was, just set me
down somewhere close by, give me a cold Pepsi, and I'm good. Bob's ability to speak, interact with those in attendance, let them be a part of the discussion, and still gently guide the conversation around to where it needs to be, all while making sure the various questions get answered, is quite the experience. His wealth of knowledge is phenomenal, matched only by his ability to break that knowledge down and share it with his listeners. A very enjoyable experience.

Bruce Condello...Bruce has the ability to see what is lacking, and takes steps to remedy that situation. He was tapped as MC for the event, which of course he excelled at. I believe Bruce could make anyone feel at home, and even a casual remark from him always seems to leave me asking myself "why didn't I think of that?" Always a pleasure my friend.

There were many others whose presence impacted the day immeasurably, and I think everyone's experience was enhanced simply by the fact that they were there, but I've rambled on long enough. Thank you all for a great day.

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.