After a decision not to Alum this brood pond last week, I decided the first thing to do was to refill it to full pool because of the drought, and recheck turbidity in 2 months.

I was losing access to water, so 3" PVC pipe and fittings were used to extend my reach to clear big puddle water.

The pump below should be completely underwater, but as you can see, it ain't. 20' of PVC was used to extend the reach to the pump, and the inlet was screened and caged.

One issue I wished to avoid, was creating more silt by just dumping the fresh water into the pond. Most soft outlet hoses flail in the water because of pump pulses, so I added a 5' rigid extension to the outlet, floated it, and used a 300 micron filter bag to catch any possible weeds pumped into pond.

Assembled rig.

The rigid pipe, filter, and float worked perfectly. When I left last night, the filter bag was easily a third full of various big puddle weeds, and no soil disturbance was created.

CNBG and FHM's were loving the fresh water, and no silt or weeds were added during the refill. Quick, cheap and easy method for water exchanges.

AL