I spent a little time messing around with the pond this weekend...
Saw lots of Baby CNBG around the edges, they are spawning like crazy it seems...

I also Stocked about 4 dozen adult wild Golden Shiners...I have been seeing the previous stockers schooled around the pond so they are thriving but not sure if any reruitment...I will just keep adding them as they are free...

I also stocked a cooler FULL of Glass Minnows, (Silversides)

While feeding and watching I saw a giant Shiner leap out and flip in the air a couple times as it was chasing something it seemed...However unless Shiners can get 18-20" long it most likely was a tarpon...

I then put on a live mud minnow on a bobber right in the feeding area...With in minutes I have a jumping flying tarpon on the line....He quickly spit out my hook and swam off...No pictures , Sorry..

I was also able to finally catch and remove this LMB that was stocked by a helpful teenager awhile back...it was only about 6-10 inches according the reports at the time it was stocked so it has been doing some eating...I feel much better getting it gone..

Last edited by BobbyRice; 03/03/14 09:52 AM.

Goofing off is a slang term for engaging in recreation or an idle pastime while obligations of work or society are neglected........... Wikipedia