I've posted elsewhere that I bought a 2-inch semi-trash pump from Tractor Supply a little over a year ago. Last week they were on sale for about $215. I don't remember what I paid for a 25' foot long 2-inch suction hose with fittings and an intake filter, but I'm thinking it was about $75. I got a discharge hose discharge hose, with fittings for a little over $30.

The thing will move one heck of a lot of water It almost always starts on the first pull.

The only complaints I have is that the throttle lever is very hard to move, and it is made from rather thin aluminum. I need to reinforce it. The gasoline gauge got wet during a thunderstorm, and hasn't worked since. No big deal. I can always look in the tank. The pump sat outside most of last season. The cotton pull rope broke early this spring. It took less than 10 minutes to pull the recoil starter and replace the pull-start with nylon rope.

I was leary of it when I bought it. It is made entirely in China. But, so far, so good. If the engine dies, I think I can replace it with a Honda or B&S without an issue.

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!