Originally Posted By: Bing
Has there been a speakers list or agenda developed?

Bing, this is what esshup emailed me.

The seminar is $20, but that includes a hot catered lunch and soft drinks/sodas. The seminar will be held in Grovertown, IN, approximately 1.5 miles North of Rt. 30 and ½ mile East of State Road 23. It will be held outside; there will be room to seat 50 people under a tent set up by the 1 acre pond.

Each speaker will have approximately ½ hr, and then answer questions for 15 minutes before the next speaker is up. I have speakers scheduled from 9:00 a.m. CST until lunch, which will be around 1:00 p.m. CST. There will be an open discussion after lunch where all the experts will be answering questions.

Here’s the schedule:
9:00 a.m. Sue Cruz from Vertex Water Features, Pompano Beach, FL She will be talking about the benefits of aerating your pond.
9:45 a.m. Dr. Bill Cody, “The Pond Doctor” , Malinta, Ohio. Algal & InvertebrateTaxonomist, Aquatic Ecologist/Biologist. aka The Pond Doctor and Dr. Perca, Pond Boss author and Forum moderator. Bill will be talking about the green stuff in ponds (algae), primarily focusing on the floating algae mats, i.e. Filamentous Algae.
10:30 a.m. David Ewald from www.fishiding.com , Wonder Lake, Illinois. David will be talking about the importance of having or not having structure/cover in ponds, depending on the goals for your pond.
11:15. a.m. Cecil Baird, Ligonier, IN owner of Baird Taxidermy and Cecil is on the Board of Directors for the Indiana Aquaculture Association. Cecil will be giving a talk on cage raising small fish in ponds. You can cage small fish, grow them larger and then release them into your pond to avoid them being eaten by the predators when they are small.
12:00 Bob Lusk, owner of Texoma Hatchery, Pond Boss Magazine and co-owner of the Pond Boss Forum. Nationally known fisheries biologist Bob Lusk, based in Whitesboro, Texas has helped people design, build, stock and manage private lakes and ponds for 29 years. The 53 year old graduate of Texas A&M University travels the country as a lake and fisheries consultant. He is editor of Pond Boss, a national bimonthly magazine dedicated to managing private waters. Lusk has also written three books, Basic Pond Management, Raising Trophy Bass, and Perfect Pond, Want One? He also has a video called, Basic Pond Management and a compact disk audio series on pond management. Two more books are in the works. He makes personal appearances at trade shows and seminars to spread the word of pond management and has been on numerous television shows from Alan Warren Outdoors to Bass Edge and many, many vignettes seen on Animal Makeover TV on RFD-TV as well as Monday Night Live on RFD-TV, sponsored by Purina Mills. He was recently on NBC TV – NBC Sports O’Neil Outside.

Bruce Condello from Lincoln Nebraska will be there but he isn’t a keynote speaker. Bruce is a dentist, but is more widely known for his fishing exploits.

We’ll break for lunch after Bob speaks, and have the rest of the afternoon for any questions/answers or hands on at my pond. Right now there are people from 6 different states that said they will be attending, not counting the keynote speakers.

I don't think he would be upset if I posted this info. He's got to be going about half crazy right now making this all work!

Should be a great time!!!

The guy with the Pink hat should be the MC wink

Last edited by JKB; 07/12/13 05:55 PM.