Hello All...

Building a new home about 50 miles south of Houston.. New pond excavated to build up the house and shop pad.. Don't have the numbers yet on surface size. Depth is approx 12ft from grade / 14ft from top of levee.. Hard to see in the pics but the pond is kidney shaped and ~260' at its longest. Just finished the excavation and house pad this past week.. For scale, the kiddos in the bottom are 10yrs old and ~5ft tall..
Any and all words of wisdom are welcome.

The entire bowl of the pond is in heavy clay, no significant sand encountered in test holes or in excavation. popped another test hole in the bottom approx 5ft further down and only found clay..

I will be getting with the aeration sponsors here on the site shortly to discuss aeration requirements. Water will be from a dedicated well and run over a course of crushed limestone for aeration / alk prior to pond entry.

Havent decided on a stocking plan yet, but leaning towards CNBG and LMB. Built a 5ft x 20ft shelf along the back wall in what will be approx 5 ft of water that will receive a generous layer of pea gravel or crushed limestone for bedding.

Dock will likely be an arched bridge across the narrowest section.

All commentary and suggestions are welcome. It will likely be months before the well is punched and filling begins so I would love to have all of my necessities covered prior to filling..

JT

Attached Images
Pond 1.JPG Pond 2.JPG