Well I got the chance to run a sein through Georgetopia yesterday with the help of my family and friends and man was I pleased!! We caught four or five size class CNBG, three or four size class Tilapia and countless FHM!!!

Here is a sample of the fun and results!!

Here we are getting ready for our first pull of the sein. I was glad to learn from a friend that pulling slowly was the key, it worked!! we had three very successful pulls to towards the shallow end and one to the deep end. We used a four foot tall sein which was not nearly tall enough, but we got very good results anyway.

I see a tall sein purchase in my future....

Here is a picture of one of the CNBG we caught. It looked like the first spawn size class as it was an inch and a half smaller than the big boys.

Here we are holding one of the original stockers of CNBG and several Tilapia from what appears to be the first Tilapia spawn.

Everyone was getting into the act, we did not want to loose any of the little ones!!

Here you can see at least two Tilapia YOY size classes. I also had really small ones that did not make it into the pictures, so I believe our Tilapia have spawned three time so far this year in Georgetopia!!!

The original Tilapia stockers are now around 10-11 inches and look great. The Original CNBG are all over 5 inches and most are over 5 and a half inches.

All in all, I ran the sein through the pond three times and removed about ten pounds of fish which are now swimming in there new homes!!

Brian

The one thing is the one thing
A dry fly catches no fish
Try not to be THAT 10%