I believe myself and the neighbor's kid were the first ones on it, but the dogs hopped right on with us. I was surprised the smaller one (brilla) hopped on with no hesitation -- she's completely blind, and that was before the ramp was done. she hates water, but also hates being left out, so she found her way to it and jumped right on. The bigger one (Zari) loves to watch (aka hunt) fish and frogs. She bit a one or two of the catfish when we'd feed them from the shore, but now she can't reach them from the dock when we feed, so they are safer wink

I thought about the treated lumber thing -- but its not IN the water so i figured it can't do too much damage (other than rain runoff)... I plan to seal it (on the top), which should seal in most of the contaminants. the bottom (i flipped the boards from their previous life as a deck) is already sealed, so hopefully that sealant lasts for a while.

I'll have to look for some of those discussions and see if there is anything I should look out for, thanks for the tip!