Originally Posted By: ewest
With what you note - it could easily be low DO. That can shut down feeding and a lot more. So can high water temps.

Then we'll throw that in too, Ewest grin As right now the whole pond feels like bathwater! 87 at the surface, 84 at 3' deep. We've been in the upper 90's for several days, 97 and dead calm today. With the heat of summer yet to begin!

I'm just amazed at the changes that can take place in a pond from week to week, and sometimes day to day! Such as yesterday (and weeks prior) the CT was all submerged. Today, it was all floating and a film-like substance was covering the pond (97 today and dead calm). And my water clarity went from 12" to 42" and now to 24" all in about 10 days. Yesterday I had family over and the pond was beautiful. Today, not so much!

So every day I learn something new but have more questions to ask as I'm so intrigued by all this and want to know how it all works! I've learned a ton in just 1 year, thanks to PB smile

You've all been so great (and patient) with me but I promise I will ease up on all the questions, progresses and updates!

Yet, continue to learn wink

Thanks,

Keith

Last edited by Lovnlivin; 06/26/13 11:42 PM.

Keith - Still Lovin Livin

https://youtu.be/o-R41Rfx0k0
(a short video tribute to the PB members we met on our 5 week fishing adventure)

Formerly: 2ac LMB,HSB,BG,HBG,RES