[quote=Mike Schmitt]JKB or Essup, are you going from single phase 220 to 3 phase for your well? quote]

That's the general idea. Next best thing to having 3 phase power for running motors. Depending on which VFD you choose, you will want your line (incoming) voltage to be equal to or higher than the motor voltage at 60Hz. Some will follow your voltage while others will boost it up if it is low. I don't like the followers at all. They don't do a very good job at motor control.

The pump/motor combo for esshups well is pretty much narrowed down now. I am heading down to scope out what is needed for electrical components and wiring so esshup can get a realistic budget for this. Then we are going over to his buddy's place and check that out also. Esshup said it should be really close to his rig except the wire runs may be longer.

I plan on bringing a PF525, ML1400, G306 and a few other things to give esshup an idea of some of the possibilities.

I'll get info from esshup as to how much wire/cable to bring for a temporary hookup.

Last edited by JKB; 06/22/13 08:43 AM.