The FA seems to have peaked with a increase in phyto without the use of a fertilizer. I'm removing the algae mats with a rake.

This time of year the phyto increases and it can get dangerously high in the small ponds. Not sure why. In fact, had D.O. issues with to much of an algae bloom a couple of years ago this time of year. Therefore I'd rather not fertilize. Besides the perch should be on the feed in that pond with the use of the belt feeder and light.

Go figure I have an algae bloom when I don't need it but when I do earlier in the year I don't have it so much. I need to learn more about nitrogen/ phosphorous ratios. I had a presenter tell me too much FA means to much phosphorus and to increase the nitrogen. Too much macropytes means too much nitrogen and to decrease nitrogen.I had a good fertilizer used for corn once, but they stopped selling it to me. And there was the guy from Helena that said I was crazy for applying it to a pond. He did apologize though after I sent a letter of to his corporate headquarters.

Thanks for asking though.

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 06/21/13 06:19 AM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.