My HSB and BG had been feeding well up until 4 days ago when they shut down almost like a light switch. I feed at the same times twice a day, 6am and 8pm.

With getting some great input from local PB'rs (due to same weather patterns) we were trying to ascertain why, and here were some thoughts:
1. With water warm-up and sudden clarity (12" to 40") the bigger largemouth may be feeding on the "feeders".
2. The aglae bloom may be dying off causing a DO sag (although I do aerate)
3. Herbicide drift from farmer spraying the week before (likely Roundup)
4. Possible mayfly hatch offering plenty of groceries

Then I got to thinking about the DO level in the pond, yet I have no way to measure it. The only vegetation in the pond is Coontail which I treated with Fluridone 4 weeks ago. So with no plants to put off oxygen during the day (yet also none to consume after dark), is it possible I have a very low level of DO?

After 4 weeks of Fluridone the CT is dying off and I'm thinking it may be decomposing and consuming even MORE DO.

So about 6:30 last night I set the blades on the trolling motor just below the water's surface and circled the pond to introduce some oxygen.

When I went out to feed at 8pm, the HSB were hammering the food like I've never seen before.

Direct correlation or just coincidence?

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Last edited by Lovnlivin; 06/19/13 10:22 AM.

Keith - Still Lovin Livin

https://youtu.be/o-R41Rfx0k0
(a short video tribute to the PB members we met on our 5 week fishing adventure)

Formerly: 2ac LMB,HSB,BG,HBG,RES