Dave, that's as deep as the muck gets.

FireIsHot, the dam is on the low side. I know that from the front of my initial property (ten acres directly above this new lot)to the back the fall is around 7 to 8 feet. So the pond has all of the twenty acres once the small pond above it is full. I know that is part of the reason this one is empty...but it is stocked with CC and BG. So until we get rain, that one is the priority. Once it overflows, all excess water will shed to the big pond. Trouble is, we haven't had enough water to make that happen since I dug the small pond,

Fish n chips, the other one is pretty low now. All I can see are lilly pads over its whole surface. It may be a little deeper. They are on the same elevation...this one is the driest, probably because the bottom is flatter.

I was thinking of digging deeper, maybe another 4 feet or so in the shape of where the water was last...kind of a last ditch reservoir in case of another drought.

I really value this forum. You guys are a wealth of knowledge and I appreciate your input.