Originally Posted By: outdoorlivin247
Don't know you guys that well but love to see activity on forums...

Dave and Jeff are worth getting to know, even if it's only so that you don't accidentally, innocently make some seemingly benign statement that leads to offence.

As proof, I offer this thread:

http://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=130982&page=1

You see, for all their seeming affability and creativity, these two suffer from what the most recent DSM Classification of Psychiatric Disease refers to as a "Fixed Delusion"

They both believe that Green Sunfish Are A Valuable Species In Pond Management.

According to DSM: "A delusion is a belief held with strong conviction despite conflicting evidence to the contrary."

I don't really understand the terminology, because it seems to me that if this delusion was "Fixed", then they would recognize the GSF for the pestilence that it is, but such is the world of psychiatry.

You can see what happened to Mortimer in the above thread, but be aware that JHAP can employ vicious measures that go far beyond mere violence. After a particularly trying exchange in which I was earnestly trying to make him see the error of his ways, he PM'd me a picture of him in his BCNCP, no doubt trying to intimidate me with his daunting physique. Unfortunately, my teenage daughter happened to be on my Pond Boss account at the time. I was considering legal action to remedy the situation, but she's been home from the Convent now for a few months and the electroconvulsive therapy appears to be working well. Of course, she still wanders around the house in her habit from time to time, muttering about "the Horror, the Horror", but overall I'd say she's doing fine.

Anyway, just wanted to put a caution out there, for all the innocent new members.