Well as always, I have been very busy, But I did make it out to the farm this weekend to do a little work and have some fun. First things first, I added the new propeller to the DC aerator and I must say the new prop is definitely Brian Approved!! Even in heavy overcast the voltage did not fall below 12.7 volts (side note: I was unable to check the amps due to an equipment issue). The new prop also throws a better water pattern, it is a little taller and curtains much better as it falls. Yes the prop is smaller, but it seems to be much better matched to the DC motor than the original prop that came with it. And I did not ever notice a cavitation with the new prop the entire weekend.

After several hours of running, I swam out to it and found it cool to the touch in 79F water.

I also did a few DO tests. I checked the DO when I got to the farm and it was very good from top to bottom. Then I let the pond sit over night. I check the DO and Temps again and found that there was some stratification.

Here are the numbers:
When completely mixed the pond was 79.8F and the DO was around 9PPM (side note I checked calibration three times because the DO was that high). In the morning, after I let the pond sit over night, I found that the top water was 80.2F and the bottom water was 76F. The Do was in the low 8PPM range on the top of the pond and around 5PPM near the bottom. After one hour with the new prop running, I tested the pond again and I had a complete mixing of the water with a temp again at 79.6F throughout the water column. The DO was also in the high 8's PPM and after another hour of the new prop running, I found the temps uniform throughout the water column and the DO again right around 9.1PPM throughout.

As for the CNBG, they are doing well and are hitting the AM400 & 500 well. I will start the first culling the next time I am out at the farm and have the time. Their color is very nice and they are full of energy!! I can't wait to see how they look after I sein them out.

One other thing I noted was that I did see some algae on the banks of Georgetopia and I am unsure where that is coming from. Any thoughts?

Thanks again for any ideas or questions. Pictures will follow as soon as I can get them uploaded.

Brian

The one thing is the one thing
A dry fly catches no fish
Try not to be THAT 10%