Saw some good things this weekend at the pond.

As I walked up the first thing I was a nice school of large adult shiners darting around the shore line. I tossed a couple fish pellets to bring the in closer..

I walked around a little more and saw a snook cruising the shoreline a little farther down.

I later saw a nice sized school of perfect bait sized finger Mullet.

saw the sheeps head eating pellets with the koi too.

THEN I SAW IT....
One LMB, Last year I was told the teenager and a buddy put in a "Bass”. I fished and fish and looked and looked, but never found or saw a "bass" for months after they told me about the stocking and thought they must have mistaken on the ID of the fish they put in. Well it seems they did put one in, I fished all weekend for the stupid thing but could not get it. I cold see it but not catch it. Further steps will be taken. One LMB is not the end of the world but want it out incase another one finds its way in. Don’t want them to be able to reproduce.

Also fished for some of my more desirable fish with no luck either. The Pond seems to be full of food right now so fishing is tricky it seems.

Lots of CNBG babies of various sizes, millions of GAMS , Mud minnows here and there, shiners, mullet etc.

My plant cages seem to be helping. The eel grass has taken hold and doing great inside the cages and is trimmed neatly across the top. One cage that was failed Lilly pad transplant was full of this grass and seemed to be a real magnet for the little CNBG.

I ran a 4ft seine net and removed some gams as well ....

Goofing off is a slang term for engaging in recreation or an idle pastime while obligations of work or society are neglected........... Wikipedia