John, please keep us informed of the integrity of the material's durability. As you indicated, natural inhabitants tend to damage the island, so, the island should mimic the natural biota as much as possible to prevent pollutant intrusion, such as styrofoam. Consumption of manmade materials that don't take on the natural properties simply create a degrating food chain structure.

Living in a highly urbanized areas, and as a scientist, I learn to cultivate in every way to feed my family utilizing whatever resource that can be renewed, on the small amount of land I have. This is how we teach ourselves and our future generations to balance man-to-nature cohabitation so we won't decimate what we have as remaining precious resources. Pond owners have such great potential to yield such great renewable resources at their disposal. If we have that many frrogs around our areas, we would be having quite a bit of delicious meal with great source of protein supplement. I would be eating plenty of pigeons around here, since we are infested with them, but what they forage from the city's as food sources, I dare not consume them.

Leo

* Knowledge and experience yield wisdom. Sharing wisdom expand the generations with crucial knowledge. Unshared wisdom is worth nothing more than rotting manure.