Originally Posted By: frank mallory
i want to increase ph and alkalinity in 1 acre pond what kind of lime do i use, the white lime or the granular grey lime from farm store? I have an aerator i made that works off pto of tractor will use this to push lime out into pond.

The ultimate lime is very cheep like $5 per tone called kiln dust. If you live near a cement plant they just might give you some. It is a waste product when making cement and pulled off part way up the stack to make cement stronger. High amounts of potassium and calcium will make cement softer.

This product is so fine it will desolve so fast in water because at one point it was a vapor. You will need 1000X less of this product then any other product to change your PH. Do not get this product on you or in your eyes. It is very hydrophobic and will suck the moisture out of anything it touches.

I have use this on farm land and it is very very effective for the weight. If you have a cement plant near by drop in and ask if you can get two feed bags of kiln dust. They may not even ask for any money because it is a waste product.

Cheers Don.

[Linked Image from corvettejunkie.com]
http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4

7/8th of an acre, Perch only pond, Ontario, Canada.