It's not about the numbers of fish, it's about the weight of fish in the pond. If you are not aerating and feeding, then a pond can reliably hold about 300# of fish per acre. If fed and aerated, a pond can hold at least double that amount per acre.

CC are cavity spawners. But, with the price of 10" catfish so reasonable, you probably shouldn't want them to reproduce in your pond. Utilize them as a catch and keep fish. Catch and keep 20 to eat this summer, stock 20 more in the Spring. Don't do a catch and release - I've found that CC get very hook wise quickly.

If you stock LMB, I would be positive to only stock same sex fish. LMB can eat themselves out of house and home in a pond, so reproducing LMB in a small pond will take more work on your part to keep them under control.

If it was my pond, I'd find someone with a seine, and seine out the pond, restocking with CC, Hybrid Bluegills nad maybe 5-10 HSB. Feed 'em and catch and keep for dinner, restocking every year. Look inot a small aeration system for the pond too.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).