Eric, the jar test is set for this weekend as George TOOK all of my time yesterday!!!

The visibility is better now, I would estimate over 8 inches. The color of the water is also better with a slight green hugh. I added another pound or so of fertilizer as I see the color looking better. The jar test I started last month has settled almost completely, so I expect a little more ag-lime will make a even greater difference. I am shooting for a total ALK of something north of 150ppm which means I will need to add about 1500 pounds more.

About the feeding of the CNBG, last week they fed well, but with all of the cooler weather we have been getting, very few fish came up intill the afternoon feeding. I did catch a bunch of FHMs in fishtrap 2.0 lite yesterday that were very fat!! I expect after the water warms back up a few degrees the feeding will be restored. I also plan on sampling some of the fish starting this weekend. using hook and line.

By the way, has anyone had any success with a fake Owl as a deterrent to birds or other bandits around a forage pond? Does anything work better passively?

Brian

The one thing is the one thing
A dry fly catches no fish
Try not to be THAT 10%