Well, George and I got out to the farm yesterday and had a big time. Georgetopia is doing well. The total ALK is above 80 and the water has cleared some. I have adjusted the time on the solar powered aerator and I now have it running throughout the day and night at different time. (I do not have it running 24/7 yet) One other observation George noted is that the float is too big for this motor and because the float rides so high in the water, the propeller is allowed to cavitate from time to time. The simple solution is to add some weight to the float to get it to ride lower in the water. That will be on the list of things to do this weekend.

After playing in Georgetopia, George tried out a stubby worm in the big pond to see if my unfeed trained LMB would go for it, well, here was his first catch!

!5 inches long 2Lb 3oz and she appeared to be post spawn!!

And here is how George did it:

George rid the worm to be the weed guard and allowed the LMB to still catch the hook in the upper lip.

All in all, I saw between 5 and 7 LMB nesting in the area we cleared out this winter. It will be interesting to see how the fish colonize the newly opened waters.

I am also hoping to hear back from the engineers some time this week about the aerator possible modifications. I'll keep you informed.

Brian

The one thing is the one thing
A dry fly catches no fish
Try not to be THAT 10%