In another life I worked in a barber shop for 5 years to work my way through college. They were good times and heard a ton of jokes. One of my favorites: Bam lived in a little town and was so sorry and lazy that the other people in town, being good folks fed him and put him up till he was in his mid-forties. However the weather turned bad and many of the good people could not feed their family much less Bam. Bam then would do things to get thrown in jail so they still had to feed and house him. The good people had a meeting and decided to hang Bam. Of course he was very upset at this news and begged them to reconsider but the good folks threw him in a wagon and started the march to the hanging tree. Bam finally realized the futility of his position and laid down in the wagon on some straw. Before they reached the tree the good people met a farmer with a huge load of vegetables that he was going to sell in town. The farmer asked what was going on so the good people told him Bams' life history. The farmer was a very kind man and began to ask the people to not hang Bam. Bam sat up as the farmer was pleading for him. The good people just said they could no longer feed Bam. The farmer then said to the people they he had a large farm and he would give Bam enough corn to live through the year. Bam promptly asked if the corn was shucked, the farmer said that they was not. Bam laid back down and said he had a hanging to go to.

Two ponds, 13 and 15 acres on the Mattaponi River.