I have been researching the best fit for my 1/4 acre pond. I am thinking HBG and HSB CC combo my problem is getting HBG in southeastern TX. Dunns fish farm has them available and have stops fairly close but I have heard numerous negative things about them. This is my first pond experience and to say I am rookie is being nice but I do not want to start off wrong by stocking inferior fish. Does anyone know of anyone who has HBG available in this area... I have done the usual google searching and come up empty.

The hatchery which I plan to use for minnows CC and HSB has CNBG available. What would the dynamic change be if I were to stock coppernose bluegill as opposed to hybrid bluegills. I understand the CNBG will spawn but will the CC and HSB predication be enough to control their offspring to some degree? I will be applying some fishing pressure to them as well but would this setup be too intensive?

Also any stocking recommendations for a 1/4 acre? I have heard so many from fisheries and they all seem pretty high.

GO ROCKETS

"Life has become immeasurably better since I have learned to stop taking it so seriously"