Originally Posted By: Bill Cody
Jwwann - I could easily be wrong thinking your aquarium fish is a green sunfish. It is hard to see in the video all the proper features for identification. Since the fish came from a fish farm then it is most likely a hybrid bluegill.

But the possibility of being a GSF is there, and here's why. I purchased 100 feed trained SMB from a fish farm in Michigan. Sold 25 of them to 2 different clients and just dumped the rest of them into a small meshed cage in my pond. Didn't even look at them when I dumped them in the cage as I was in a hurry.

Earlier this week I cleaned the fish cages, and transferred the SMB to a cage with larger mesh. During the transfer, I looked at each fish, measured the largest/smallest and counted them. There was a 6" GSF in with the SMB. There are none in my pond, and the mesh of the cage wouldn't allow any fish larger than about 1/2" to escape. The SMB did well, going from fingerlings to 6"-10" fish.

Where did it come from? I have my guesses.......

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).