Originally Posted By: JKB
Stubbies came in today!

Thanks Hoosier Pond Pros!

I got 3 of every thing they have, except the new 4" worms. Gonna pass them out to a number of people and see how they like them. My boss already want's a bunch to try in his 3a pond for an upcoming gathering. Said it sure would be nice to catch a few lunkers. Told him, give em a try and see how it goes.

Michigan has a bunch of water. Pretty much anywhere you go up here, a convenience store or gas station has some tackle, and bait. Ever hear of Walt's Crawlers? They are everywhere!

They set up little coolers (refrigerators) in these locations, and there has to be thousands of them up here, but worms die!, and isolated refrigerators eat electricity! They also sell fake worms and such, but I've never caught anything on a fake worm, except my finger

See where I am going with this?

We'll try them out!

The reason I asked about Coho. Is that last fall, I had to work on a dam up north of here. Well, the channel draining to Lake Michigan was lined with fishermen. I asked a guy, how it was going?, and he said he did not think there were any fish in the channel below the dam yet. A few hours later, I answered his question, when I had to close the dam. No turbulent water, can see quite clear to the bottom, and it was crowded! No one was catching anything!

Would a SS have worked in that situation? Don't know?, but if I were fishing, and had yelled out "Fish On", pretty much everyone is going to want to know what's up! That's when everyone is your friend laugh

I doubt anything would of caught them, aside from snagging them. Those are fish with one thing on there agenda, spawning. They have pretty much stop feeding, occasionally you can get a reaction strike from them but not worth the time in my opinion. Also, since they are nearing the end of their life they are not the best to eat. The Cohos we caught two weeks ago off of Portage, IN are the one you want to eat. Also nothing better than a spring coho out of cold water (except a shore lunch walleye in Canada).