Wow you told me about this over the phone Scott. Glad she's O.K. But it is pretty cool that she was adamant on retrieving that decoy!

As you know my dog is ALWAYS on a walking lease as the highway is too close for comfort and she has no concept whatsoever of the danger of cars. As I probably told you when we first got her from the shelter she took off for the highway and stood there on the pavement looking around oblivious of the cars. Some dimwit woman on a cell phone never saw her and missed her by inches, and you know how visible my dog is with her size and the bright white and brown color! My heart skipped a bit and I held my breath when I saw the car bearing down on her.

When I was a kid I saw a dog get hit and it's hind legs crushed. It screamed in pain and tried to drag itself on the ground. I will never forget that or allow my dogs to be close to a situation where they could be hit. I have a hard time understanding people that knowingly let their dogs roam free near roads.

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 03/26/13 10:51 PM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.