Ted, I’m pretty sure that there is no type of check valve at the diffusers. There is a blue “Brady” check valve on the compressor that is approximately 3” long. I checked my water temp. today. At the surface it was 51F and at 3’ it was 50F. I used a digital meat thermometer because it was the only thing handy so accuracy may be off a little bit. I decided to turn on all of the diffusers; first I opened the valve to the deepest (25’) diffuser and cut off the valve to the shallowest water diffuser, when I did more air escaped from the bypass valve on the compressor and the gauge never showed pressure above 8 psi. I then opened the valve to the diffuser that is in about 7’-8’ of water and then I opened the valve on the diffuser that is in 5’ of water. I have to throttle back the two valves that are connected to the diffusers that are in the shallower water to keep air going to the deepest water diffuser but at no point has my pressure gauge went above 8 psi. All of the diffusers are blowing a fair amount of air. Should my pressure gauge be reading a higher pressure? I’m pretty sure on the depth of the deep water diffuser because I tied the end of a 25’nylon rope to the diffuser and the other end to a buoy and the buoy stands up like a fishing bobber when the pond is completely full as it is now. I suppose that my pressure gauge cold be bad, it is a liquid filled gauge and it does have some air in it, I just have to figure out how to burp it, due to the angle that it sits in the housing I’m going to have to pull it off to get the air out of it. Thanks again for your help, Joe.