Originally Posted By: Bob-O
A friend and I were fishing a small pond and he hooked a pretty nice LMB on a top water lure but broke his line. About ten minutes later I got a good hit and when I got it near the shore it spit my and my buddies lure out. I told him he owed me a six pack for retrieving his lure but he never paid up. I also never took him fishin again. Bob-O

That's a darn good reason not to take him fishing again. I have another one. I took another taxidermist fishing with my cousin and I and we all got skunked. We took him again and got skunked again. I told my cousin we aren't taking that SOB again. (Didn't really like him anyway. LOL) My cousin agreed. We were back into fish again on the next trip without him.

The weird thing is it was typically a sure thing as we were night fishing for trout. With him jack squat. Without him back into the fish. Go figure.

I also took another taxidermist with me, and this time I was catching big bluegills and he wasn't getting a bite fishing withing 4 feet of my slip bobber. Same depth, same bait etc. The only explanation I could come up with was he had skinned out a northern pike a few hours earlier and the scent was still on his hands.

I do know salmon will move if the scent of a bear comes down stream when they are migrating in a stream. Saw it in a published study.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.