JW, understood. As, I said before, if a 5 yr. warranty, and they send someone to set it up and repair it; money well spent. From your e-mail from them, and lack of information on wed site, I would be concerned. But, as you said, much better and cheaper than windmill. Don't misunderstand, I'm not in this business and am not trying to sell anything but I DO design and install emergency backup power systems for ship's communications equipment, so this is very simple in comparison. I priced component parts before deciding to run electricity to my pond. Keep us informed of results. Would also like to know compressor type.

Meadowlark, I have solar panels I bought for my sister to run fans with after Katrina, and a small gast compressor, inverter, and such. If this is for your kid's pond under construction, let me know when you need to get cranked up. I will let you test it out. How deep will it be? As you know, that is the big determining factor on the power used. My pond is down to 7 ft. from 11 where the diffuser is. Will see if the gast will push air out(I bought it for $40 from C & H(S?). Send a PM if you need to.