Here is an email response I received from Luke Keeton. Hope it sheds some light on your questions:

Our Solaer Lake Bed Aeration systems are wonderful! We have been manufacturing them for close to 8 years and are now in their 4th generation. Most of the components are specially designed and manufactured for this specific purpose. Our systems are very reliable and have proven to be almost maintenance free. In the last 5 years we have only had 2 compressor malfunctions and both of these were replaced under warranty. We offer a 1 year warranty on our systems, but we offer an 5 year extended warranty on all of the "wet end" equipment including the diffusers and self-weighted tubing. Also, there are extended manufacture's warranties on the solar panels (20 years) and the charge controller (5 years).

The solar panels are actually very strong. I have seen a manufactures representative punch a solar panel quite hard with no ill effects.

These systems come with a complete installation and maintenance manual and also have technicians available for you M-F 8-5. Our technicians can usually trouble shoot your problems over the phone and get you up and running in no time. The systems are actually very easy to install. All of them are pre-set and tested here before they are sent out, so basically you would just have to mount the solar panels, set the box, drop your diffusers and hook up a few loose wires.

If there is a problem with one of the components it is usually easiest to pull that part and send it in for evaluation. As for the solar panels themselves, we have never had a client with broken panels before so honestly I'm not sure what we would have to do. Replacing a solar panel will probably run you about $650.00.

0.6 acre pond / 13' max depth / Bonham, TX