I guess I always considered that when your time was up, that's it....whether you're on a bike, automobile, airplane, farm tractor, whatever. If it's your time to go, then you're gone....no matter the circumstances. Are bikes more dangerous in a crash than a car? I think so, but just how much control over our own mortality do we actually have?

Despite growing up with a father and grandfather who were Baptist ministers, I am no longer what I would consider a religious man, but I know that many here are, and I'm trying to remain respectful to everyone's beliefs and abide by the forum's rules....if I overstep, please remove my post, and accept my apology.

With that being said, and doing my best to tread carefully, I still hold that when whatever force governs this universe decides that your time is up...that's it.

Would a bike crash be the reason for my demise, or merely the most expedient, available instrument through which it was accomplished? If I swerved around a pickup truck and avoided being killed, have I in fact cheated death, or simply followed through with what was supposed to happen in the grand scheme of things, because it wasn't yet my time? It's beyond my feeble grasp to even ponder.

"There are times, when all the world's asleep..."
"The questions run so deep...."
"For such a simple mind"

Zep, I'm sorry you had to witness such a thing, I know it would bother me too. I hope you can find some peace.

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.