Originally Posted By: esshup

JKB, you'd better get crackin' on that running 3 phase on single phase stuff for your property. I'll need that info this year! laugh

I have a bit more complex situation than you do. I too, would like a 100GPM baseline well, but I can only have one well on my property, which has to service all the water needs, from drawing a cup of water to filling a lined pond or tanks.

How many revolutions of a 10HP, multistage well pump does it take to fill a glass of water? Not many at all!

If I have to bang a pump that size to a frequency of 30Hz in less than 1 second, that will be a bit more than a glass of water shocked

Motors are the weak link right now. Piece of cake for most industrial motors. (actually, I am not a big fan of cake. At my sisters birthday last weekend, she was asking everyone what kind of cake they wanted for their birthday. I said, make mine a Blueberry Pie! What a good idea, went all around! (I have 7 sisters and 3 brothers, plus many nieces and nephews) and everyone get's to pick their favorite pie for their birthday. Talk about hitting the jackpot grin)

Anyway, in an open flow situation for your pond, you won't have to worry about the fine details I am dealing with. I will be making phone calls to engineers at Grundfos in the next several weeks to get more info. Their motors may be able to pull off all that BS I previously stated.