Ok, so, the fish seemed kinda large to just have hatched, but I wasn't sure and didn't see them last year...So, good to know that they survived the algae bloom last summer then!

I know this doesn't help, but I haven't decided which way to go with the pond. At a high level...I want to choose an approach that takes advantage of the area and doesn't leave me fighting mother-nature all the time. For instance...If LMB were easier than Goldfish/Koi to maintain in the pond, I'd probably head that route. If LMB or pan fish or whatever were harder to maintain than Goldfish, I'd probably stick with what I have I guess.

My overall goal is for the pond to look nice and as naturally maintained as possible. I have all girls in elementary school and while they will fish, I know they don't want to hurt fish and are less likely to want to fish on their own.

When we bought the house, I fell in love with the view/pond...but had no idea that it would be difficult to maintain...So, really looking to keep things as simple as possible.

Thanks for all your help/thoughts!