Two nights this week I happened to see what I assume are beavers in the cameras monitoring my wood duck boxes. My pond is about 1 acre and is 3 1/2 years old. Both duck boxes have female wood ducks setting on a dozen or so eggs. The images show the IR camera at the top and the same camera during the day at the bottom. Below the images is a link to live video from Camera 3. That beaver made the same pattern over and over for an hour or so: It spent about one or two minutes on the bank, then paddled off to the left out of the field of view and then immediately returned to the same spot on the bank. This morning I checked both locations and could find no holes or damaged vegetation.

I have a friend coming tomorrow to help set out some traps, but I sure would like an opinion on exactly what the beaver is doing in its repetitive pattern.

Camera 1: Beaver on left of image partially covering the white irrigation pipe.

Camera 2: Beaver just to the left of the predator guard on the box.

Here is the link to the video of Camera 3:
http://s823.beta.photobucket.com/user/Fa...99aa03.mp4.html

The video looks like there is some activity just as the beaver nears the bank, but that is a compression artifact and is not present in the original video.

I am assuming that this activity is probably occurring at other locations on the pond, and that I just happened to catch these because they were near the duck boxes that I am monitoring. The interior cameras indicated that neither of the setting females was at all concerned with the activity.

Attached Images
20130303_BeaverCamera1_1Channel_HS.jpg 20130308_BeaverCamera3_1Channel_HS.jpg