Originally Posted By: brooktrout

AP- Thank you for the pics, I am a visual kinda guy. Why did you go with 2 inlet pipes? Also, why did you decide to use a bent pvc? It looks like you have a really nice elevation drop from stream to pond. Im thining I may need a pump, my slope is not as dramatic as yours.

two last question for now, do you have trout in your pond and pond depth? Also, do you have an out flow of water and if so to where?

My first pipe was elevated over a big rock and supported all the way to the pond to keep an even downhill angle, the property here is very rocky and uneven. The second pipe follows along the ground with some ups and downs and so the output is about 10GPM less than the elevated pipe. The elevation drop is 12 feet.
I have 2 pipes for redundancy, falling trees have disrupted the siphons twice.
I've had trout every year except last year when my dam started leaking badly, it was repaired and will be restocking this spring with Tiger trout from a hatchery and Brook trout that I get from the stream on my property.
The pond has a maximum depth of 8 ft. and the pond outflow thru 2 culverts flows back to the stream because the stream is below the pond when it flows within 100ft. of it.