Originally Posted By: sprkplug
Perhaps yours is simply a case where nobody knew the answer Bob? Like you stated, I seem to remember that many here implied they wouldn't sell their water for any price.....coming from a forum dedicated to pond management, that would seem to indicate that many folks on here placed the health of their BOW above and beyond what it's monetary worth to a drilling operation would be. Therefore it would seem reasonable to assume that no one here knew what value ($$) to assign to your water.

Seems odd to me that no one on this forum was ever approached by an oil company for their water from their pond!.....and when I decided to go through with it I was thinking that the windfall could be used to make my pond even better. I had no idea that we'd go through drought conditions for so long and figured the pond would fill back up quickly. I also didn't know that the runoff from the drainage basin was mostly being absorbed, being that it's sand. I was also told that my pond was spring fed. I've only owned this property since August of 2010. I've been lied to, given false information, and generally left in the dark.....but I'm a quick learner. "Ponds 101" was new to me a couple years ago. Now I know more about this pond than I do about my wife, who I've been married to for 30 years come March 31st! Live and learn. Like I said in a previous post, as soon as I can find out what oil companies should pay you for water, I'll let you all know. I'm sure it depends on where you live and annual precipitation rates. Maybe we have some folks in North Dakota, where the oil business is booming, that can weigh in.

Warning: My Dog Has A Gun And Refuses To Take His Meds!